Getting Started with Summari API
This page will help you get started with Summari. You'll be up and running in a jiffy!
Implementing the Summari API
You will need an API key to access the Summari API. You obtain one here.
Try it now with our user interface
You can make calls using our simple user interface by visiting this page.
The API is split into multiple endpoints that support different types of content:
- Editorial API
- e.g., news articles, blog posts
- Transcript API
- e.g., call transcripts, customer support threads, meeting recording transcripts, podcast transcripts
- Transcript+ API (coming soon)
- For longer transcripts, receive a highly formatted output
- Multi-document (coming soon)
- e.g., collect all reviews written about a product and synthesize these reviews into clusters of positives and negatives about the product
The Summari API has a rate limit of 10 requests per second. If you need a higher rate limit, please contact us at [email protected]
There are 2 types of summaries that you can receive using the Editorial API.
- A 3-5 bullet point summary (~120 words).
- This format is perfect for previewing content and giving users just enough information to pique their interest.
- A list of bullet points that captures the content's important details.
- This format is a more comprehensive summary that targets 10-20% of the length of the original text.
This endpoint provides a summary of the dialogue’s key ideas. It is fine-tuned to synthesize important information from sales calls, customer support threads, meetings, videos, and podcasts.
This endpoint provides a summary of the dialogue’s key ideas. It is fine-tuned to synthesize important information from sales calls, customer support threads, meetings, videos, and podcasts. You should expect a much higher quality output to the regular Transcripts API and a more useful formatted response.
The Transcripts endpoint is tuned to provide a useful summary regardless of length:
- For transcripts under 5,000 words, capture the key takeaways with a list of bullet points.
- For transcripts over 5,000 words, in addition to the comprehensive bullets, the Transcripts API creates a short (~3 bullet) preview and a one-line introduction to provide additional context.
This endpoint summarizes a group of documents into its common themes. This is useful for understanding trends across documents, and the magnitude of those trends.
For example, a set of product reviews can be inputted into the endpoint and a set of the most important themes will be output.
Updated 11 days ago